Are you seeking to buy the right and durable bean to cup coffee machine? Well….you are in the right place as this will guide you through making an informed decision. With the numerous options we have on the market today, it is becoming hard to pick the best product available. This is why we want to help you through our list of the top 10 best bean to cup coffee machines 2017.
A bean to cup coffee machine is perfect if you want the freshest coffee at the push of a button. Unfortunately, they generally do not come cheap with prices ranging from £250 – well over £1,000 each, so it is key to understand what you are buying.
Which bean to cup coffee machine should I buy?
We’ve reviewed a number of different bean to cup coffee machines from a range of brands including De’Longhi, Melitta and Gaggia, with the aim of helping you make an informed decision.
The best bean to cup coffee machines 2017
Below is the table of the top 10 best bean to cup coffee machines 2017. Each and every bean to cup machine is chosen by our specialist reviewer.
- De’Longhi ECAM44.660.B Eletta Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, 1450 W – Black – Check Prices
- De’Longhi Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine ECAM22.110.SB, 220 W – Check Prices
- Melitta Caffeo Bistro Fully Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Maker, Silver – Check Prices
- Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Barista Express Coffee Machine and Grinder, 1700 W – Check Prices
- Krups EA 826E Aluminium-black – Check Prices
- De’Longhi Perfecta ESAM 5500.M Bean To Cup Coffee Machine – Check Prices
- Gaggia Brera Bean to Cup Coffee Machine – Check Prices
- Igenix IG8225 12-Cup Bean to Cup Coffee Maker, 1.5 L, 1050 W – Check Prices
- Andrew James Filter Coffee Machine with Integrated Bean Grinder, New and Improved Model – Check Prices
- Russell Hobbs 14899 Platinum Grind and Brew Coffeemaker, 1.25 L – Silver and Black – Check Prices
Well, without wasting any further time, let’s jump into our reviews of the top 10 best bean to cup coffee machines 2017.
De’Longhi ECAM44.660.B Eletta Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, 1450 W – Black
The De’Longhi ECAM44.660.b Eletta Bean to Cup Coffee Machine comes stacked with great features. From having it’s own patented milk carafe incorporated within the machine to the advanced twin thermoblock boiler, this coffee machine has it all.
If you are looking for a coffee machine that can make a variety of different types, then you have found the one here! The De’Longhi ECAM 44.660.b Eleta creates a range of coffee types including cappuccinos, espressos, latte’s and flat whites to ensure your day gets off to the perfect start.
The built in professional burr grinder – with it’s 13 settings – enables you to have freshly ground coffee beans at each serving, whilst the patented milk carafe incorporated directly into the coffee machine, allows you to froth and heat fresh milk to your cup directly.
With it’s beautifully designed chassis, this machine will easily fit into your home décor perfectly.
Other key features that the De’Longhi ECAM 44.660.B Eletta bean to cup coffee machine possesses include the ability to rinse, descale and clean, alongside having an energy saving mode, so no need to turn it off.
- Minimal cleaning required
- Consistent and convenient frother
- Simple to set up
- Has customisable feature
- Comes with an effective memory function
- Easy to maintain
- Durable grinder
- The frothed milk is only warm and not hot cooling your coffee. However, you can heat it with a microwave if you do mind
- Cup measures are very small
The beautifully crafted appliance, is configurable to your requirements enabling you to change the strength, length and temperature of your coffee. Great, for those that have particular needs.
The De’Longhi fully automatic coffee machine comes with an integrated grinder that does not make any noise. The grinder comes with 13 settings allowing you to make the coffee that perfectly fits your taste buds.
It features icon displays at the front part of the machine, making it simple for you to use. This appliance also allows you to create multiple cups from a single brew, saving you time and effort, whilst not limiting your choice to using beans alone. Within the coffee machine, is an integrated coffee beans container which holds the aroma intact ensuring you get the full flavours that the coffee has to offer.
If you are an espresso lover, then this is the appliance for you, though it also make a perfectly good cappuccino and latte.
- Simple to operate
- High level of convenience
- Simple to clean and maintain
- Highly durable
- Great customisable functions
- Easy to set up
- There are no spare parts for this model in case it breaks down
The Melitta caffeo bistro comes with an array of features that will enable you to create your perfect coffee.
There is a two chamber coffee container in this appliance that allows you to choose from either milder or robust coffee. This bean select feature enables you to choose between the various bean types to make your coffee to your exact needs.
This coffee making machine features a bean select function. This feature enables you to choose various bean types that you want to make our coffee from. This way you can be able to make coffee that only suits your taste. There is a two chamber coffee container in this unit this allows you to select either milder or robust coffee.
You can make coffee from either beans or ground coffee using this appliance. It comes with a pre-brew function which is responsible for injecting water into the coffee during the grinding process maximising the flavour.
One area that the Melitta caffeo bistro really excels, and is a very small part of the appliance is pre-heating your cup passively. There is nothing worse than having a hot coffee in a cold cup, and this takes that away!
- Pours a couple of coffee cups simultaneously
- Removable brewing unit with pre brew function
- It is energy efficient
- It is easy to use
- Simple to maintain
- Has advanced technological features
- It features customisable functions
- Can have a plastic taste after the first use, but this fades quickly after you use it for a couple of times
The Sage by Heston Blumenthal gives the rare opportunity to grind fresh coffee, but enabling to also make flavoured coffee if you wish. The Sage barista express coffee machine provides the right amount of coffee delivered through a push of a button.
This appliance has an inbuilt grinder with 18 different grind settings allowing you to customise to your requirements.
This is a great and easy to set up bean to cup coffee machine. It heats up quickly giving great results instantly. It has some unusual functions that are the secret of making impressive and unique cups of coffee. It is great for making cappuccinos and espresso.
- Delivers creamy flavours
- Customisable functions
- The steam pressure is impressive
- The water outlet is dedicated
- Easy to use and maintain
- The grinder becomes inconsistent with time
Krups EA 826E Aluminium-black
This Krups EA 826E is a coffee maker that has beautifully designed and delivers great coffee varieties. If you are looking for a coffee machine that to make It is ideal for making a ristretto, lungo and espresso, then look no further.
- Features a cappuccino/latte canister that is usually an additional cost on other models
- Comes with a polished look
- Highly ergonomic
- Great value for money
- Has huge coffee variety options
- Highly effective frother
- Quick and programmable functions
- Can splash milk on the surface from time to time
A perfect cappuccino is only a button push away with this bean to cup coffee machine making it one of the best in 2017. There are times that you prefer ground coffee and so it does not limit you to beans only. You do not have to wait for so long to make your coffee. This is because with machine, your coffee is instantly ready by the time you push the button.
The double boiler system separates the tasks of milk frothing/steaming and the water heating. This system enables you to make an espresso or cappuccino almost instantly.
The patented auto cappuccino system is responsible for mixing air, milk, and steam. This mixture produces a creamy froth for a tasty cappuccino.
This is a feature that is highly ergonomic. TheNew easytronic digital display feature contains memory in such a way that the unit can memorise your favourite coffee. It also provides a decalcification and variable rinse auto program enabling it to adjust to suit the hardness of water used.
The De’Longhi Perfecta ESAM 5500.m bean to cup coffee machine can be used to make various coffee options. It is technologically advanced and easy to use. If you are looking for a great appliance to make your favourite cappuccino, americano or espresso then you have found it here.
- It is fully automatic
- Can use either beans or ground coffee
- Adjustable steam emission
- Easy to clean and maintain
- User friendly
- Customizable functions
- Great quality for the price
- The milk temperature is not adjustable
With programmable buttons, this appliance can memorise your personal coffee settings ensuring that you get the perfect drink every time. As well as being customisable in length and strength of your coffee, the Gaggia brera offers an energy efficient mode enabling you to stay green.
With the ground coffee compartment, you are able to brew a blend that is different without the need to change the beans. The highly durable ceramic grinder is adjustable, enabling you to produce fine or coarse beans whilst retaining the coffee aroma.
The Gaggia berea is one of the best bean to cup coffee machines available on the market in 2017, and for the price is a steal!
- The brewing unit is removable for easy cleaning
- It is easy t maintain
- It s easy to set up
- Durable grinder
- Customizable functions
- Great quality for the price
- You might need to keep emptying the trash drawer
Igenix IG8225 12-Cup Bean to Cup Coffee Maker, 1.5 L, 1050 W
The Igenix bean to cup coffee maker is a durable coffee machine made from stainless steel. Packed with a water container holding up to 1.5L, equivalent to 2-12 cups, this is a must for those creating coffee for the masses.
The anti-drip feature for when you are serving your coffee helps to retain the clean look of this coffee machine, whilst the keep warm feature means your coffee stays warm longer.
- The blending system is of high quality
- It is programmable
- Easy to set up
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can come with incorrect cup quantity after purchase
Andrew James Filter Coffee Machine with Integrated Bean Grinder, New and Improved Model
Featuring a 1.5L carafe and a large water tank that makes it perfect for large families. The coffeemaker can make up to 12 cups of coffee in one go, making it ideal for families and office use.
- It is a user-friendly
- It guarantees quality coffee
- It is perfect for both large families and offices.
- Some may easily breakdown, though in rare cases.
Russell Hobbs 14899 Platinum Grind and Brew Coffeemaker, 1.25 L – Silver and Black
This is one of the top rated and reliable coffee makers designed to offer you excellent and reliable services. It is an ergonomic coffee maker that features an LCD display that is much easier to read.
A blue LCD display
This is an ergonomic coffee maker that is very user-friendly. Featuring an easy to read blue LCD display that will allow for easy reading and settings of the coffeemaker.
Digital programmable control
It also features a digital programmable control that makes it easier to take a full control of the machine. With this, you will find it very reliable and convenient as you can easily set the time of the day to brew your coffee brews.
Requires paper filters
The coffeemaker is very excellent services. This is because it requires no paper filters for it to brew quality coffee you will definitely love.
- It is an ergonomic coffeemaker
- It is relatively cheap and affordable
- It requires no paper filters.
- You may find one with a poor quality, though in rare cases.
And there you have it! The 10 of the best bean to cup coffee machines in 2017! Happy shopping.
Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Buyers Guide
Pros and cons of a bean to cup coffee machine
- Can make different coffee types at a touch of a button
- Relatively quick to make your coffee
- They are automatic, no longer do you need to hang around waiting
- Allows you to use fresh beans to make your coffee. 🙂
- Bean to cup machines can be expensive
- They can be difficult to keep clean
- Depending on the one you choose, bean to cup machines are quite bulky
- Can be quite difficult to use
How much do I need to spend to get a good bean to cup coffee machine?
These machines tend to be fairly expensive, however, you can pick up some good value bean to cup coffee machines for around £300. If you want to have luxury features such as automatic milk frothing, then you are likely to pay in excess of £600 per unit.